Do your eyes no longer look as radiant and beautiful as before? There are many reasons why our eyes start to shine less brightly and even gradually acquire an opaque tone. Dry eyes, lack of sleep, irritation from the presence of allergens and a diet poor in essential nutrients are the main causes of poorly radiant eyes. In addition to trying to change these habits for healthier ones, there are some natural remedies and makeup techniques that will help us improve the appearance of our eyes.
How to have more shine in the eyes with makeup – step by step
One way to give more light to our eyes is to use makeup correctly. Below, we give you a series of steps that will help you have more radiant and illuminated eyes:
- Use a foundation that has the same tone of your skin and apply it with the help of your fingers on the cheeks and around the eyes. In this way, the color of the face will be uniform and your eyes will appear larger.
- In case you have dark circles, use a concealer under each eye making an inverted triangle and then blend the makeup well.
- Once you have finished with the concealer, you will have to apply an illumination, either in cream or powder, giving small touches to the following points of each eye for a radiant look: in the arch of the eyebrows, in the inner corners of the eyes and on the bridge of the nose.
- Apply a white liner to the tear line or area of the lower lid of your eyes. This will give more light to the area and also make your eyes appear visually larger.
- Use an eye shadow on the upper eyelids to brighten your look. Choose a shade, either bright or pastel, in colors like lavender, gold, blue, and / or silver.
- Lastly, complete your eye makeup using a little black mascara on your lashes, both the top and bottom lashes.
Natural remedies to have shine in the eyes
The eye contour is a very sensitive area of the face where we can lose luminosity and, in addition, wrinkles and dark circles may appear due to age or poor health habits, among other things. However, we can use some natural remedies with lightening, relaxing and brightening properties so that our eyes look healthy and radiant again.
These are the best home remedies to have a radiant look:
- Cucumber slices: This vegetable is an excellent natural treatment with refreshing, moisturizing and rejuvenating properties that will help reduce dark circles and puffiness in your eyes, as well as providing deep hydration. Put a slice of cold cucumber on each eye and hold for 5 minutes.
- Chamomile Infusion: This medicinal herb has relaxing and anti-inflammatory properties that will help you reduce dryness and eye irritation, two symptoms that cause a dull look. Prepare two sachets of chamomile tea, let it cool and put them in your closed eyes for 5 minutes.
- Potato zest: This vegetable has powerful astringent properties that will help you reduce eye puffiness considerably. To do this, grate a potato and put the zest on each eyelid for 5 minutes. Then remove it and rinse your eyes with cold water.
- Cotton Discs with Aloe Vera: This plant is a great natural remedy for the eyes as it has incredible anti-inflammatory and moisturizing properties that will help reduce discomfort such as irritation, dry eyes and swelling on the eyelids. To use it, you just have to wet two cotton discs with aloe Vera gel and put them on your closed eyes for 5 minutes.
- Witch hazel compress: this plant has astringent and anti-inflammatory properties that reduce eye swelling and promote blood circulation, which improves the appearance of our eyes. To enjoy this remedy you just have to take two cotton balls, soak them in witch hazel and apply one to each eye for 5 minutes.
- Green tea: This famous herb is useful for our eyes as it provides us with excellent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that reduce puffiness and possible eye irritations. To use it as an eye remedy, you should prepare an infusion with two green tea bags and, once they are warm and you have withdrawn the water, put them on your closed eyes for 5-10 minutes.
Other tips for good eye health
If you want to maintain eye health and achieve a natural shine in the eyes, it is recommended that you follow the following tips:
- Try to get at least 8 hours of sleep every day since a bad night can cause a dull look, dark circles and bags around the eyes.
- Drink 2 liters of water daily, since you will be able to keep your eyes well hydrated and full of energy.
- Do not consume alcohol or drink a lot of salt since they are substances that dehydrate the body and will favor eye swelling.
- Eat a diet rich in nutrients like beta-carotene, vitamin C, zinc and omega 3 to maintain good eye health.
- Avoid places full of dust, mold, smoke, or other allergenic agents that can cause eye irritation.